Skip to main content

Coconut Chai Tea

I was about to relax with some Zhena's Coconut Chai Tea from World Market when the usual scenario began playing out... I started photographing it instead. Clicking away behind the lens, I found myself ruminating over the (made from scratch) projects I'm so eager to share with everyone, that is, once all the particulars are ironed out. 
Between new drawings, writing about other artist's drawings, conceptualizing paintings & the medical qualms a wee bit cumbersome for this simple blog post, I received an incredible package from India. It took all of a minute to settle on using it as a momentary prop. With a distinct combination of burnt orange mud-wax emerging from the pale, hand-woven textile & the mess of postal stickers endorsing its long journey, it was almost too beautiful to open. Almost.

Don't forget to check out all the new goodies in my eBay shop

Comments

Malu Swartjes said…
Such beautiful photos! ♥
xx
The Stylish Confessions

Popular posts from this blog

Brooklyn cinder block

I want to tell you about Max Steiner, one of my favorite new designers whose visionary buoyancy sheds new light on his innate talent to see outside the box. When I was first contacted by Max, about a week ago, I did what anyone would do. I browsed his website. And as an artist, was instantly drawn to the various elements of his inspiring collections. Conceptualizing the simplicity of paper folding, Max tells me, "Folding paper since I was five years old has led to my ORIGAMI collection, one of my most popular. Working in an industrial neighborhood in Brooklyn has led to the development of the CINDER BLOCK collection." And the results are flawlessly executed. Not only does he incorporate an organic wearability through his architectural jewelry, but the fact that he does so with such an influential voice of his everyday surroundings, adds an extraordinary amount of intimacy that's hard to come by. Thank you, Max for my rad new cinder block necklace. I sorta refuse to tak…

DIY: Malian Mud Cloth Bench

Last year, hidden away in a dusty corner of one of my favorite antique stores, I discovered this decorative wooden bench. The $20 price tag and carved details were too good to ignore and I quickly scooped it up. Even with its (original) dingy blue legs and worn crushed velvet body, I hoped that one day I could restore its soulless existence into something more appealing. After a little black paint and the beautiful design of this hand-woven Malian mud cloth, it looks better than ever!

Love falling into you...

Waiting for cool autumn nights, corset lacing, a whimsy of gossamer textures, innovative shoulder pads and puff sleeves, midnight cappuccinos, muted palettes, delicate ruffle detailing, and biker boots.
(Image credit: Farfetch, Pistachio, Alexander McQueen dress-Fall 06, Stylehive, NET-A-PORTER, Jason Wu's AvantGuards, Jimmy Choo, Topshop)