Skip to main content

Please Support Sophie’s Fight Against Cancer


Dear Friends, Family, and Supporters,
I’m reaching out with a plea for help for my beloved Sophie, my six-year-old Boxer and soul companion. I'm tirelessly doing everything I can but in these difficult times, I graciously ask for support and generosity from those who might be touched by Sophie's story.

Thank you for being here and dedicating your time to read this. I understand that many of us are facing challenges in these difficult times, and this may seem like a big request. It's difficult feeling so defenseless and vulnerable in times of crisis and need but your help could be life-saving.

I feel completely blindsided. The past weeks have been a whirlwind of appointments, medications, and a devastating diagnosis of cancer after an emergency visit to Veterinary Specialty Services on Sunday night (June 30). STL Veterinary Radiologist Associates confirmed a large mass at the medial retropharyngeal lymph node, along with a bi-lobal mass on the parathyroid gland.

The next step is traveling to the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine for additional testing and CT/PET (estimated to be $3500-$5000) and oncology surgical consult, scheduled for July 31st. This location is a 3 hour commute each way. A small donation of $5 helps cover some of the expense of gas for the drive to and from the hospital and veterinary clinics.

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT SOPHIE

https://gofund.me/f3193407


This is the only form of motherhood I've ever experienced. Despite years of struggling with infertility, and undergoing multiple unsuccessful IVF treatments, it wasn't meant to be. Infertility feels like a curse and is a crippling heartache I carry forever. With grace, I smile through the pain and I love that my sweet Sophie smiles in this photo too.

It's hard to let yourself be vulnerable in times of need. Sharing a personal journey that few are aware of and opening the pages of a story that has been kept hidden is so difficult. But having this precious girl in my life is a blessing that fills my heart. She brings hope, and I'd do anything for her.



To what depths will we go to protect the ones we love? For that, there is no limit. However, navigating on a restricted income is overwhelming as medical expenses increase. My resources are depleted. The high cost of additional tests and the estimated surgery / chemotherapy / treatment fees exceeding $10,000 is an anchor on my heart. The urgent complexities of her diagnosis only add to the emotional and financial burden as the invoices mount.

I come to you, grateful for your support.

 

WAYS YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT SOPHIE

 https://gofund.me/f3193407

Donate: No amount is too small when it comes to supporting Sophie's life and providing the necessary medical care she urgently needs. Every contribution goes directly towards helping her.

Share: Taking time to share our fundraiser will increase our chances of reaching our goal through a wider audience of caring supporters.

Prayer: Your prayers and healing thoughts provide me with the strength I desperately need, and I'm so grateful for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50% Off Original Art Sale

Adding more lovely little things to my art shop. I'm extending my 50% off everything sale to continue to raise funds for Sophie's urgent surgery and treatments.  Your generous support through purchases and donations has touched my heart deeply, and is a reminder that even in darkness, light is found in the kindness of others. Thank you. 🤍🤎 50% off all of my original artwork 🤍 https://www.etsy.com/shop/artbybellaharris Our story 🤍   https://gofund.me/f3193407

Not just for roller skating

I was browsing cruisefashion.co.uk for a pair of Puma x McQueen fur trainers , and the more I ruminate over the extraordinary detail and construction of the many beloved Alexander McQueen pieces , the more I realize there will never be anything ordinary about them. For me, the fascination was first evident by the creation of the Oyster dress and an insane runway brilliance, later by the omnipresent skull appearance, and now, of course, there's the Visor. With an unwavering emphasis on The Visor  because it's badass and certainly pays homage to a Battlestar Galactica meets Total Recall craftsmanship rendered completely untouchable.  I guess "some" might scoff at the notion of extra large metallic facial shields, but I remember a time when visors were neon rainbow pieces of plastic that if special enough had lights or even glowed in the dark, and were usually accompanied by hideous fanny packs and your favorite pair of roller skates. So today anything's possib

Animals on my finger

Sometimes we share hats and Dior Homme bags. (H&M cardigan, ring, and shirt, Nueu sunglasses c/o sunglassesshop, Vintage Levis, Forever 21 sandals, Target fedora)