Skip to main content

Accordion pink


Between painting, new illustrations, the staggering excitement of my art on display in New York City, and searching for Renaissance nightgowns and vintage dresses, I've also been heavily focusing my attention on photography. It's always been a playful hobby, but I've decided to take it more seriously these days... so here's a little behind-the-scenes peek at a shoot I did yesterday.

As for the vintage dress I'm wearing, the beautiful combination of romanticism and petal pink gives new meaning to unexpected antique store discoveries.

Found some great alternative styles here, here, and here.

(1970 Accordion pleated dress.  )

Comments

Gorgeous dress!!!

http://cesttresjoli.blogspot.com.es/
Jonna Artist said…
I love the dress too!

Popular posts from this blog

Mad Hatter's Club

Must've been feeling a bit Guns N' Roses... With the celebratory catawampus winding down like an elderly jack-in-the-box leftover from the fades of childhood memory, we meant for a subdued and only mildly scandalous New Year’s Eve. A slight difference from the model of fulsome traditions, our intimate dinner party--fully fledged in the company of my love child camera, tippy top hats, and cocktails--came in with a whisper and went out with a bang. And as I stare to the horizon of 2009 and to all the rock’n possibilities sauntering forward with the New Year… a smile washes over. And into this vast internet superhighway, warmest wishes go out to The Minx and Fashionably Early , both ever lovely (!!!)… thank you for my blog awards. Colin Stuart ankle boots. Tripp studded gloves and shredded skinnies. Vintage (faux) caplet. Nordstrom-Savvy scarf.

Wind in My Hair

 A rarity among the norm of March’s suburbanite ambiance, the sky seemed to split like two halves forming a sun-drenched gateway… through the spread of blue, it finally warmed. Taking into account the shameless reality that had me suffering from post-traumatic cutoff syndrome , we canted about in perfect misdirection, which somehow led us back to the camera euphoria of this disco-inferno bowling alley. (BCBG heels with dog collars, DIY cutoffs, secondhand shirt, Vintage bangles)

Where the road takes you

Gallivanting about in a whimsy of gossamer textures and floral patterns had me feeling uncharacteristically girlish, but I couldn’t resist the magical vibe and the way sunlight seemed to pour through it and all around. (F21 tunic and knee socks, Miss Me jacket, DIY denim cutoffs and studded bag, Zinc platforms)