Skip to main content

50% off Art Sale | Sophie's Fight Against Cancer - Surgery Needed


I spent days trying to find the words to write this, feeling overwhelmed by all the clouds in my mind. There were times when I deleted everything, only to start over again. It's difficult to say things eloquently when emotion makes you carry every feeling so heavily. It's hard to put yourself out there when all you can do is ask for help. But it's even harder feeling like all of these moments might be our last so I have to try. 

Gratitude defies simple explanation but I want to, again, say thank you. Your support for my sweet Sophie has been extraordinary, and is a reminder that even in dark moments light is found in the kindness of others. 🤍

I'm still running my sale to raise funds - all original art is 50% off. I'll keep adding new pieces over the next couple weeks.



My heart is completely broken - Sophie's cancer has metastasized. Her life-expectancy has been described to me as "survival time of 8-12 months with treatments". Her 
surgery is scheduled for August 22 and I'm so grateful. While this is an unbearable circumstance, right now, she's a happy girl and I need to keep moving forward and give her the best, most beautiful life. I can't imagine a single moment without her. 

I know it's a huge ask but if you can help, I'm eternally grateful. 

Because her cancer is aggressive and has the ability to spread to other areas of the body, to give her the highest potential life-expectancy, with the best quality of life I can provide, she urgently needs to be treated with multi-modal therapy - surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. 


PLEASE HELP SUPPORT SOPHIE

https://gofund.me/f3193407


A CT confirmed the extent of the large mass associated with one of the salivary glands underneath the ear (parotid salivary gland) and enlargement of one of the deep lymph nodes on the right side (medial retropharyngeal lymph node).

The first-line treatment for most salivary carcinomas is surgical removal. Sophie's mass is large and is surrounded by important structures (jaw bone, jugular vein), it will be difficult to obtain wide or complete removal of the tumor and disease is likely to be left behind. This could lead to tumor regrowth in the area. For Sophie, who has evidence of spread into her lymph node at the time of diagnosis, the prognosis is so difficult.  

These are the estimates I was given:
Cost of surgery $5000-6000
Cost of radiation therapy $4500-9000
Cost of Chemotherapy $700-900 per dose x's 6 doses
Cost of additional CT and labs $2000-3000

To what depths will we go to protect the ones we love? For that, there is no limit. My resources are depleted. If you can help, I would be forever grateful.


WAYS YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT SOPHIE

 https://gofund.me/f3193407


Donate: No amount is too small when it comes to supporting Sophie's life and providing the necessary medical care she urgently needs. Every contribution goes directly towards helping her.

Share: Taking time to share our fundraiser will increase our chances of reaching our goal through a wider audience of caring supporters.

Prayer: Your prayers and healing thoughts provide me with the strength I desperately need, and I'm so grateful for them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50% Off Original Art Sale

Adding more lovely little things to my art shop. I'm extending my 50% off everything sale to continue to raise funds for Sophie's urgent surgery and treatments.  Your generous support through purchases and donations has touched my heart deeply, and is a reminder that even in darkness, light is found in the kindness of others. Thank you. 🤍🤎 50% off all of my original artwork 🤍 https://www.etsy.com/shop/artbybellaharris Our story 🤍   https://gofund.me/f3193407

Friday Favorites

Here are a few of my favorites today in the studio (currently photographing these little beauties)... bonus, the heels are on sale! And be sure to check back later to read my review on the chevron jacket, by eShakti!  ( Ankle Strap Stilettos  c/o DailyLook, Chevron Graphic Embellished Jacket  c/o eShakti)