Skip to main content

Javelin & The University of Hilfiger

Well, here we are at the a start of a new week and so it's time for Monday's fashion article! 
American fashion designer, Tommy Hilfiger, has been designing his way into our hearts for as long as I can remember. (His corporation went public in 1992, Wikipedia)
Honestly, I don't think I've ever wanted to implement that nautical prep-school equestrian flare more than when I see one of his renowned ad campaigns and classic red, white and blue logos. 
Inundated with notions of wanderlust yachting across the globe, perfect poolside parties and picturesque countryside camping trips, Hilfiger's sophisticated approach, classic trends and undeniable magnetism ensure a steady level of anticipation with each approaching season. With a mix of tweed, stripes, cable knit, fleece, corduroy and leather... the visionary and highly-crafted fantasy of "The Hilfigers" certainly conceptualizes that fashionable Ivy League aesthetic.
I wonder if I can apply for a scholarship?

I recently visited Javelin's online boutique, where they have a wonderful selection of designers, including several pieces from the Tommy Hilfiger Collection. Particularly drawn to the Sophie skinny Lucy flowers jeans and Bjork flower button-down shirt, I recommend taking a peek if you haven't already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Carousel Ride

A little storytelling... A modicum of silence swallowed the room as dusty shards of sunlight patterned the multicolored carpet. Decorated with an army of garish jewelry, everything jingles, almost intentionally, as the woman perched behind the large candy counter brushes invisible lint from her blouse. Her silvery hair is the color of cotton candy. She offers a genuine smile before shifting her gaze downcast towards her slender hands. Briefly, she examines their delicate surface that is creviced by time and wiser than yesterday. At four quarters per ride, it was a small price for six minutes of uncontaminated childhood reminiscence to sweep the memory warehouse. And while we kept the company of an epoch 1920’s carousel, 60 handcrafted horses, and funky reindeer, we went round and round, faster and faster… letting it take us to those secret places we almost forgot existed. --Bella H. p.s. In lieu of those who have so thoughtfully given me awards and spotlight features... YOU'RE AM...

Mad Hatter's Club

Must've been feeling a bit Guns N' Roses... With the celebratory catawampus winding down like an elderly jack-in-the-box leftover from the fades of childhood memory, we meant for a subdued and only mildly scandalous New Year’s Eve. A slight difference from the model of fulsome traditions, our intimate dinner party--fully fledged in the company of my love child camera, tippy top hats, and cocktails--came in with a whisper and went out with a bang. And as I stare to the horizon of 2009 and to all the rock’n possibilities sauntering forward with the New Year… a smile washes over. And into this vast internet superhighway, warmest wishes go out to The Minx and Fashionably Early , both ever lovely (!!!)… thank you for my blog awards. Colin Stuart ankle boots. Tripp studded gloves and shredded skinnies. Vintage (faux) caplet. Nordstrom-Savvy scarf.

Wind in My Hair

 A rarity among the norm of March’s suburbanite ambiance, the sky seemed to split like two halves forming a sun-drenched gateway… through the spread of blue, it finally warmed. Taking into account the shameless reality that had me suffering from post-traumatic cutoff syndrome , we canted about in perfect misdirection, which somehow led us back to the camera euphoria of this disco-inferno bowling alley. (BCBG heels with dog collars, DIY cutoffs, secondhand shirt, Vintage bangles)