Skip to main content

Not just for roller skating

I was browsing cruisefashion.co.uk for a pair of Puma x McQueen fur trainers, and the more I ruminate over the extraordinary detail and construction of the many beloved Alexander McQueen pieces, the more I realize there will never be anything ordinary about them. For me, the fascination was first evident by the creation of the Oyster dress and an insane runway brilliance, later by the omnipresent skull appearance, and now, of course, there's the Visor. With an unwavering emphasis on The Visor because it's badass and certainly pays homage to a Battlestar Galactica meets Total Recall craftsmanship rendered completely untouchable. 
I guess "some" might scoff at the notion of extra large metallic facial shields, but I remember a time when visors were neon rainbow pieces of plastic that if special enough had lights or even glowed in the dark, and were usually accompanied by hideous fanny packs and your favorite pair of roller skates. So today anything's possible.
Head over to Cruise Fashion if you want to oooh and aahhh!

Comments

ZEPETIT said…
Good selection!

Zepequeña.
Norwenna said…
As always, the most uncomfortable boots are the most pretty ones!
Unknown said…
I believe that dress is such a perfect one!
C:

http://moneygonefor.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

And then the spell was cast

It’s a bit unsettling the degrees to which I pined for these boots, but when Chloé decided to morph their fall 07 ready-to-wear collection into some angry-girl with mortal combats… I just couldn’t resist the very lucid temptation. And after waiting rather impatiently to watch them work a little black magic , I can finally justify their funky charisma that really is simply irresistible. *Midway through the photo brigade, we got a bit loopy and then couldn’t settle on favorites… so ode to pictures galore, we're still not camera virgins* (VS hoodie, Topshop tank, Steve Madden studded belt, Vintage Levi's-DIY shred/studded pockets, Chloe boots, ebay sunglasses)

Gunmetal Laces

The hillside was far more treacherous than it actually appeared, and even though I didn’t foresee clambering up and down the jagged terrain… my 8-year-old nephew (among others in our brood) got a real kick out of thinking I was some sort of neophyte Pink Power Ranger. Pity I left my blade blaster, metallic armor, and spandex suit at home. Not sure about spandex, but if you and all your friends want to start your own gang of crime fighting superheros, you'll need some matching outfits... something stylish of course.  (RTBU sweater, Topshop skirt and Emma Cook boots)

Dirty Little Secret

While casually perusing the supermarket isles for those everyday staples, I think I briefly lost consciousness when I spotted these righteous tie-dye skinnies crammed amongst a hoard of others like some dirty little secret. Beneath a storm of florescent lighting, there they were at Walmart (!!), waiting for well-deserved recognition! Extracting reasonable doubt, I immediately implemented their placement into my wardrobe… vacillation need not apply. p.s. I'm terribly busy with a manuscript deadline, but will be visiting everyone very soon. And for those who so thoughtfully granted me awards, I promise I haven't forgotten... but on the contrary, am working on a special thank you post. xx Vintage Sequin Jacket... Promiscuous Heels... L.e.i. Skinny Jeans.