Skip to main content

Rumi in graphite

It's been a while since I held a pencil in my hand for more than just a basic pre-paint sketch. So, I decided to put down the watercolors, temporarily, and heavily work the graphite and charcoals in a new, currently untitled series... at least until those pretty colors start beckoning again. Inspired by Rumi Neely of fashiontoast and a photo by Colin Sokol, I sent this to her week...hopefully she likes it even more than the last.

Prints, iPhone skins, throw pillows and more available here

Since I'm in the process of several new pieces, including new additions to the Blogger Series, EVERYTHING in my art shop is 25% off from now until Christmas! So scoop'm up so I can buy new art supplies!   

Use the promo code SHOP25 at the checkout.

Comments

Natalie Suarez said…
you really are amazing!! LOOOVE xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
God, your drawings are perfect, it´s funny that you always surprise me.
Keep posting your beautiful work. :)
Kati said…
So pretty!
-Kati
Ester R. said…
Great blog! You are an artist! Following your blog for more!

Popular posts from this blog

And then the spell was cast

It’s a bit unsettling the degrees to which I pined for these boots, but when ChloĆ© decided to morph their fall 07 ready-to-wear collection into some angry-girl with mortal combats… I just couldn’t resist the very lucid temptation. And after waiting rather impatiently to watch them work a little black magic , I can finally justify their funky charisma that really is simply irresistible. *Midway through the photo brigade, we got a bit loopy and then couldn’t settle on favorites… so ode to pictures galore, we're still not camera virgins* (VS hoodie, Topshop tank, Steve Madden studded belt, Vintage Levi's-DIY shred/studded pockets, Chloe boots, ebay sunglasses)

Dirty Little Secret

While casually perusing the supermarket isles for those everyday staples, I think I briefly lost consciousness when I spotted these righteous tie-dye skinnies crammed amongst a hoard of others like some dirty little secret. Beneath a storm of florescent lighting, there they were at Walmart (!!), waiting for well-deserved recognition! Extracting reasonable doubt, I immediately implemented their placement into my wardrobe… vacillation need not apply. p.s. I'm terribly busy with a manuscript deadline, but will be visiting everyone very soon. And for those who so thoughtfully granted me awards, I promise I haven't forgotten... but on the contrary, am working on a special thank you post. xx Vintage Sequin Jacket... Promiscuous Heels... L.e.i. Skinny Jeans.

Gunmetal Laces

The hillside was far more treacherous than it actually appeared, and even though I didn’t foresee clambering up and down the jagged terrain… my 8-year-old nephew (among others in our brood) got a real kick out of thinking I was some sort of neophyte Pink Power Ranger. Pity I left my blade blaster, metallic armor, and spandex suit at home. Not sure about spandex, but if you and all your friends want to start your own gang of crime fighting superheros, you'll need some matching outfits... something stylish of course.  (RTBU sweater, Topshop skirt and Emma Cook boots)