Skip to main content

Damn Skippy

The weekend’s quickly winding down, and while I’m still heavily engaged in the stack of papers just left of my laptop, I wanted to take a moment and send very special thanks to Oniomania, Luphia Loves..., out of the mist, Iole in fashion, and RETROMUS-IK for so awesomely thinking of me and sending a few blog awards my way.

Thank you so much, you’re incredible!
xxx

Arbitrary side note: For the last three days, I’ve been living in these red-hot ChloĆ© boots… we’ve become shamelessly inseparable, but seriously, my ankles have never been happier.

Popular posts from this blog

Gunmetal Laces

The hillside was far more treacherous than it actually appeared, and even though I didn’t foresee clambering up and down the jagged terrain… my 8-year-old nephew (among others in our brood) got a real kick out of thinking I was some sort of neophyte Pink Power Ranger. Pity I left my blade blaster, metallic armor, and spandex suit at home. Not sure about spandex, but if you and all your friends want to start your own gang of crime fighting superheros, you'll need some matching outfits... something stylish of course.  (RTBU sweater, Topshop skirt and Emma Cook boots)

And then the spell was cast

It’s a bit unsettling the degrees to which I pined for these boots, but when ChloĆ© decided to morph their fall 07 ready-to-wear collection into some angry-girl with mortal combats… I just couldn’t resist the very lucid temptation. And after waiting rather impatiently to watch them work a little black magic , I can finally justify their funky charisma that really is simply irresistible. *Midway through the photo brigade, we got a bit loopy and then couldn’t settle on favorites… so ode to pictures galore, we're still not camera virgins* (VS hoodie, Topshop tank, Steve Madden studded belt, Vintage Levi's-DIY shred/studded pockets, Chloe boots, ebay sunglasses)

To Everything, There Is a Season

Shuffling through the various holidays of 2008, I can’t believe the year is chiseling out yet another ending. The hoopla, the ongoing shenanigans… most of the time it’s over before I’ve realized it’d even started. But for the better part of the suburbanite afternoon, I couldn’t stop thinking about time and how it seems to swallow everything else. Trying to wrap my mind around it, I walked outside and there it wasn’t. The dog days of summer had been completely bogarted, and obviously, winter was reinstating some glorified purpose. While semi-sanctioning such a veritable transition, I giddily sequestered a nearly forgotten Bebe jacket from the corner of my closet, and called it a day. I admit the straps on my Jessica Simpson ankle boots, fully equipped with studs and cross charms, are actually dog collars. Clearly manufactured for a Gothic canine with nouveau attitude... the vibe worked, so be it.