Skip to main content

Hey there little red riding hood


Come Nightfall 14 x 17 Graphite and charcoal

Like so many others, the Grimm fairy-tales of Little Red Riding Hood are all too familiar. But I've always had a wandering curiosity as whether or not she was actually the big bad wolf. So, in mid 2011, I created an illustration (seen in this post) that conceptualized the metamorphosis of souls between girl and wolf. And similarly with this new piece, I wanted to cohesively emphasize the possibility of her own formidable transformation come nightfall.

Prints & accessories available

Comments

Alex said…
This is beautiful, my love. Love how the final background turned out!

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: Malian Mud Cloth Bench

Last year, hidden away in a dusty corner of one of my favorite antique stores, I discovered this decorative wooden bench. The $20 price tag and carved details were too good to ignore and I quickly scooped it up. Even with its (original) dingy blue legs and worn crushed velvet body, I hoped that one day I could restore its soulless existence into something more appealing. After a little black paint and the beautiful design of this hand-woven Malian mud cloth, it looks better than ever!

Love falling into you...

Waiting for cool autumn nights, corset lacing, a whimsy of gossamer textures, innovative shoulder pads and puff sleeves, midnight cappuccinos, muted palettes, delicate ruffle detailing, and biker boots.
(Image credit: Farfetch, Pistachio, Alexander McQueen dress-Fall 06, Stylehive, NET-A-PORTER, Jason Wu's AvantGuards, Jimmy Choo, Topshop)


50% Off Art Sale

It's that time again. And that time means ART SALE. Some of you following my socials probably know that I'm right in the middle of a chaotic/stressful/wonderful mess of moving. In efforts to help recoup funds from this epic adventure, I'm offering 50% off everything in my ART SHOP with code QUEENANNE at checkout.

http://bellaharris.tictail.com 

 'Geometric' just SOLD!